This year’s rating was held in two categories since its rules were adjusted: Startups’ Rating and Parsons’ Rating. A total of 33 experts took part in the rating: representatives of venture capital funds and private investors, successful entrepreneurs, experts and bloggers covering the topic of Ukrainian tech startups. They provided their personal ratings of the most promising startups and persons who had the greatest influence on the development of Ukrainian market of tech businesses and venture capital investment.
The TOP5 most promising startups according to experts:
1. Zakaz.ua - a service to order delivery of food and other goods from Kiev supermarkets, as well as prepared meals from cafes and restaurants of the city. The service won Ukrainian competition Startup of the Year 2011.
2. Petcube - a device that allows you to play with pets via the Internet from anywhere in the world. It is a cube equipped with a wide-angle camera, laser pointer, speakers, and a microphone.
3. Endorphin.me - a service that helps users find experts and professionals in certain matters through analyzing data from different social networks.
4. QuadSquad (enabletalk.com) – a mobile device able to recognize phonemes and other parts of the language. It was created to translate sign language in forms of verbal communication.
5. Jelastic - a next generation cloud platform that enables developers to concentrate on creating applications and not worry about buying a server, creating the environment, the OS configuration, application servers and databases, code loading, and other administrative tasks.
The TOP 5 persons who, according to experts, have had the greatest influence on the development of Ukrainian market of tech businesses and venture capital investment:
Victoria Tigipko (23 points), Egor Anchishkin (17 points), Evelyn Buchatskiy (12 points), Alexander Olshansky (11 points), Evgeniy Sysoev (10 points).
The rating included 134 startups and 74 persons in total.